Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 29, 2001  4:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "Excerptable" Puccini for mezzos

In a message dated 3/29/2001 11:18:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
erniev@2... writes:
erniev@2... writes:

<< Come to think
of it - we lower voices certainly have a bad habit of
turning up like louts, yahoos, twirps & general menaces
to society! >>

not often enough for my taste, ernie. with my overly lyric voice, i
was always stuck playing good guys. the most fun i ever had was an evening
of opera scenes where i got to play pistola, tonio, golaud, heathcliff (after
he'd gone over the edge) and no. 8 from 'transformations' (the molesting
father figure). what a night! how i envied anthony hopkins playing
hannibal. and no, i've not seen the sequel. i don't think i could stand
him rubbing it in like that.

all these whining mezzos complaining about no repertoire. you guys get
to be the witch in 'hansel and gretel' and be booed by children everywhere.
well, that's the price you have to pay.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10734 Re: "Excerptable" Puccini for mezzos Karen Mercedes   Thu  3/29/2001   2 KB
10738 Re: "Excerptable" Puccini for mezzos thomas mark montgomery   Thu  3/29/2001   3 KB

emusic.com