Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Wed Mar 28, 2001  10:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The Greatest Generation was: South Pacific

Isn't that the film about the women who arranged the great symphonic
classics for women's chorus, sans text? If so, I saw that several years
ago and thought it was terrific. If I remember correctly, besides Glenn
Close, it featured Vanessa Redgrave and Frances McDormand. Highly
recommended. For a great evening, rent it with "The Harmonists", another
great WWII music-oriented film.

Mark Montgomery

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Ernie Valenzuela wrote:

> She's had good practice in these roles before...
> ...next time you're stuck in Rainyvale (when the sun's
> not shinin' & there's a little time...)
> rent the movie: PARADISE ROAD.
> Plot outline (from the IMDb movie database):
> "Fact based recounting of a group of women who are imprisoned
> on the island of Sumatra by the Japanese during WWII & used
> music as a relief to their misery."

emusic.com