Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Wed Mar 28, 2001  9:02 pm
Subject:  The Greatest Generation was: South Pacific

Liz from Sunnyvale posts:
>A couple of weeks ago, I saw a terrific History Channel documentary on
women
>who served in the US armed forces during World War II, titled "Free a
Man to
>Fight." Close's Nellie Forbush (and indeed, the other nurses in the
cast)
>looked as if she would have aged into one of the terrific old ladies
>interviewed for the program!

She's had good practice in these roles before...
...next time you're stuck in Rainyvale (when the sun's
not shinin' & there's a little time...)
rent the movie: PARADISE ROAD.
Plot outline (from the IMDb movie database):
"Fact based recounting of a group of women who are imprisoned
on the island of Sumatra by the Japanese during WWII & used
music as a relief to their misery."

An uplifting movie about "the greatest generation". And they were.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10706 Re: The Greatest Generation was: South Pacific thomas mark montgomery   Wed  3/28/2001   3 KB
10710 Re: The Greatest Generation was: South Pacific Aaron   Thu  3/29/2001   2 KB
10711 Re: The Greatest Generation was: South Pacific Elizabeth Finkler   Thu  3/29/2001   3 KB
10714 The Greatest Generation was: South Pacific Ernie Valenzuela   Thu  3/29/2001   2 KB

emusic.com