Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Tue Mar 27, 2001  10:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The no man's land of mezzo-soprano (was Mozart for contraltos)

Karen,

In my Peter's edition, the Et exultavit is listed as a mezzo-soprano solo.
I suppose that tag might have been added later. The Esurientes is listed as
an alto solo. Personally, I don't care what they call the singers in the
Magnificat, I just love to listen to them.

David Grogan
East Texas Baptist University
Marshall, Texas

Music hath the charm to soothe a savage beast, but I'd try a revolver first.
~Josh Billings~