Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Alain Zürcher" <az@c...>
Date:  Sat Apr 22, 2000  12:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] hour-glass passaggio concept

Sandra wrote :

<< Also, can someone explain to me the difference between clearing the first
passaggio and the second? Is the tendency to close the vowels going
through both? Do you close more through one than the other? I don't think
I really understand the difference between the first and second passaggio.>>

What do you mean by "clearing"?
And what do you call your first passaggio? As a woman, it could designate
either the passaggio between your chest and mixed voice or the point when
you must begin to go into more head voice - a point that divide your low
medium from your high medium, where you may experience a passaggio or not.

| Alain Zürcher, Paris, France
| L'Atelier du Chanteur :
| http://chanteur.net

emusic.com