Vocalist.org archive

From:  sjdr9523@y...
sjdr9523@y...
Date:  Mon Mar 26, 2001  11:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] More hernia ?'s

Thank you for your reply.

I'm actually looking into the Canadian center you mentioned (the
Shouldice center in Toronto). It seems reputable, reasonable (at last
my dual-citizenship comes in handy!), and I have family in the area to
take care of me. I'll keep you all posted.

peace,
-John

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "John Messmer, M.D." <>
wrote:

> > Do any of the MD's here have an opinion on the various methods of
> > hernia repair?
> >
> > According to www.hernia.org, there are at least three methods in
> > use.
>
> The degree of hernia and whether it is the first time it occured plus other
> issues of the patient's general health and ability to tolerate surgery
> govern the repair. There are centers that do just hernias such as the one
> in this website. Another place is in Canada. There are a few in the US.
>
> There is no "best," rather it is a question of what is best for an
> individual.
>
> John
>
> John J. Messmer, M.D.
> Assistant Professor, Family & Community Medicine
> Penn State College of Medicine

emusic.com