Vocalist.org archive

From:  agoldhammer@y...
agoldhammer@y...
Date:  Mon Mar 26, 2001  4:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] a tenor who is grumpy with mozart

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., > festival chorus, once told me he had attended a party where birgit
nilsson
> (sp?) sang one of the queen of the night arias. he said it was
deafening in
> such a small room but astonishing in its exactitude.

Actually this took place following a performance of Die Walkure.
Nilsson told director Karl Bohm that she could indeed sing the aria
(I forget which one it was, but have the reference at home for anyone
interested). Bohm sat down at the piano and she sang it spot on. He
laughingly said that she should sing it on stage. Her response was
that the role was too short.

Alan

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10625 Nilsson vocalizing thomas mark montgomery   Mon  3/26/2001   2 KB
10626 Re: Nilsson vocalizing Nancy Fontana   Mon  3/26/2001   2 KB

emusic.com