Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  8:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] In need of Italian opera ensembles..

I lost track of who was looking for opera ensembles...Do they have to be
"Italian" in the sense of being writted by someone from Italy or in that
tradition?

If they can be in the tradition of Italian opera you might want to
consider these ensembles from some more contemporary works:

"Ice Cream" from Weill's "Street Scene"
"Listen to the Rain" from "Regina" (the composer's name escapes me at the
moment)

Have fun!
Pat

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:51:35 -0500 (EST) Karen Mercedes
<dalila@R...> writes:
<dalila@R...> writes:
> Rossini: LA CENERENTOLA - Sextet in Act II Sc 2 ("Siete voi?") -
> SMATBB
>
> Rossini: L'ITALIANA IN ALGERI - Septet in Act I Sc 4 ("Confusi e
> stupidi")
> - SAATBrBB
>
> Bellini: I PURITANI - Quartet in Act I Sc 3 ("Se miro il suo
> candore") -
> SMTB
>
> Mozart: IDOMENEO - Quartet (gorgeous!) in Act III Sc 1 ("Andro
> ramingo e
> solo") - SSS(or M)T
>
> Mozart: COSI FAN TUTTE - Quintet in Act I Sc 2 ("Sento, o Dio") -
> SS(or
> M)TBrB
>
> Mozart: COSI FAN TUTTE - Quintet in Act II Sc 4 (finale - "Idol
> mio")SSS(or M)TBr
>
> Mozart: DON GIOVANNI - Quartet in Act I Sc 3 ("Non ti fidar") -
> SSTBr
>
> Mozart: DON GIOVANNI - Sextet in Act II Sc 5 ("Ah, dov'e il
> perfido?" to
> end of opera) - SSSTBB
>
> Verdi: FALSTAFF - Nonet (! great fun!) in Act I Sc 2 - actually, it
> *IS*
> Act I Sc 2 - ("Fulgida, Alice!") - SSMATTTBrB
>
> Verdi: RIGOLETTO - Quartet in Act III ("Bella figlia dell'amore") -
> SATBr
>
> von Flotow: MARTA - Quartet in Act II, Sc 1 ("Siam giunti, o
> giovinette")
> - SMTB
>
> The others I can think of are all very "male heavy" - e.g., a few
> from
> Donizetti's DON PASQUALE, and the quartet from Rossini's IL BARBIERE
> DI
> SIVIGLIA. Let me know if you want these too.
>
> Karen
> =====

10565 Re: In need of Italian opera ensembles.. thomas mark montgomery   Sat  3/24/2001   2 KB

emusic.com