Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  7:33 pm
Subject:  Verdi, easy?!

It was observed earlier in the week that Verdi might
be easier to sing than Mozart (with caveats - I'm sure).

One of those might be found in today's Met broadcast
of NABUCCO. Nothing easy about this one ('cept what
an extra set of testicular apparati couldn't help!).
Man, what a (Grizzly) Bear of an opera! This is said not to
disparage the opera to our non English speaking friends on
list...the term 'bear' is used to mean difficult, tough, massive
& the Grizzly is considered the meanest, toughest, nastiest
bear on the planet.

As for Nabucco -
no wonder the public of Milan was fired up after listening &
witnessing this grand opera! I'm really enjoying this one!!
Hope you are too!!

EV (the V stands for Verdi today!)

emusic.com