Vocalist.org archive

From:  silver_soprano@y...
silver_soprano@y...
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  6:34 pm
Subject:  I've just joined...

Hello! I've just joined this mailing list (although I've been in
lurker mode for a few days) and I'd just like to introduce myself!

My name is Megan and I'm from Illinois. I am 19 and a sophomore in
college. I've been singing since I was eight, but I've only been
singing seriously (taking voice lessons and such) for two years. I'm
at a community college right now, but am transferring to Northern
Illinois University this fall. I'm majoring in vocal performance and
am a Soprano (case you didn't guess from my e-mail addy! :D) I've
also been performing in plays and musicals since I was 11. I love to
sing, although I will admit that I know that I have a long way to
go. I perform just classical pieces and am getting in to the
aria's. The only one I have performed is "Voi lo sapete, o..." from
Cavalleria Rusticana, but hope to get some more in my portfolio. We
have a small music program at my school, but my voice and theory
instructors are just wonderful!

I know I'll be learning a lot from everyone here (I already have!)
and hopefully you will be able to help me in the future, also!

Ta ta for now,
Megan

emusic.com