Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
"Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@o...>
Date:  Sat Mar 24, 2001  7:29 am
Subject:  grumpy tenor not grumpy anymore.

>I really think that Mozart is great for uncovering problems with technique.
>The same goes for Verdi, however with Mozart the technique has to be very,
>very good. I still sing Mozart, to see what is going on with my technique.
>
>Ciao,
>
>Graham

OK...This makes a lot of sense. I shall approach mozart differently from
now on.
I think my technique is a bit dodgy. That's probably why it's so hard.
I've got a recording of Domingo sing dalla sua pace, and it's terrible. He
sounds terrified. It sounds un-natural in his voice. I compare that
performance with his performance of Lenski's aria, which sound so
wonderful...so rich and suitable for his voice.

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10550 Re: grumpy tenor not grumpy anymore. thomas mark montgomery   Sat  3/24/2001   2 KB
10554 Re: grumpy tenor not grumpy anymore. dorisopran@a...   Sat  3/24/2001   2 KB
10571 Re: grumpy tenor not grumpy anymore. Mirko Ruckels   Sun  3/25/2001   3 KB

emusic.com