Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Mar 23, 2001  9:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] In need of Italian opera ensembles..

Molly, you might take a look at the ensembles listed below. Good luck.

Mark Montgomery

Andro ramingo e solo, Idomeneo, Mozart (2 soprano, mezzo, tenor)
Reconosci in questo amplesso, Le Nozze di Figaro, Mozart (soprano, mezzo,
tenor, 2 baritone, bass)
Finale Act I, L'Italiana in Algieri, Rossini (soprano, 2 mezzo, 1 tenor, 2
baritone, bass)

> Our school went to Italy last summer, and we performed some short trios,
> duets, etc. that were safe for young voices to sing. All had to be in
> Italian. Some things that we performed included the "Lucia" sextet, and many
> scenes from "Figaro". We might have to do some of these ensembles again,
> but can someone help with more ideas? I know there are some rep experts on
> this list.... as of now, I only have one Barbiere sextet and 2 Cosi duets
> written down. ACK!

emusic.com