Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 23, 2001  8:12 pm
Subject:  Accompaniment CDs

I'm looking to buy some CDs with accompaniment on
them. However, after a couple of disappointments, I'm
wondering if anyone here can recommend some that
they've tried.

I have the Hal Leonard Sacred Classics for High Voice,
which has both voice and piano, plus piano alone, as
well as a "Karaoke Opera" CD, which has again has
versions with singer and without, but with full
orchestra and chorus. On both of these I've found the
tempos for the accompaniment way too fast on certain
songs, and definitely much faster on the accompaniment
only tracks than on the version with singer, which
absolutely drives me nuts! It's impossible to do
anything but spit out the words as fast as possible
and expression is exceedingly difficult. I can't
figure out why the accompaniments, particularly on the
Sacred Classics CD, don't go at the same tempo as the
full version - you'd think they would have recorded
them on separate tracks and just deleted the vocal
overlay.

Anyway, if any of you have tried some accompaniment
CDs and are happy, especially with the tempos, or if
you have some you'd definitely avoid in the future,
I'd really like to know about them. I have a bunch of
auditions and gigs coming up (in places with no pianos
available) so I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks,

Jennifer

10572 Re: Accompaniment CDs Jennifer   Sun  3/25/2001   4 KB
10582 Re: Accompaniment CDs Fiona Chow   Sun  3/25/2001   3 KB
10758 Singing Louder Dolphin aura   Sat  3/31/2001   2 KB
10764 Re: Singing Louder John Link   Sat  3/31/2001   3 KB
10765 Re: Singing Louder Isabelle Bracamonte   Sat  3/31/2001   3 KB
10766 Singing Louder Dolphin aura   Sun  4/1/2001   4 KB
10824 Roles for Minorities? Dolphin aura   Wed  4/4/2001   2 KB
10848 Re: Roles for Minorities? Broadway/Opera etc Dolphin aura   Wed  4/4/2001   2 KB
10882 Re: Roles for Minorities? Karen Mercedes   Thu  4/5/2001   3 KB

emusic.com