Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Mar 22, 2001  3:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Duet for a Legit Tenor and Character Bari-tenor--Help, please!

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Trevor Allen wrote:

> Hi all,
> Two friends of mine have a recital coming up in a
> month. One is an operatic, lyric tenor. He played
> Tamino in our production of Die Zauberflote earlier in
> the semester. The other is a musical theatre
> character bari-tenor. He has good pitch, good
> technique and a good range, but I cannot say his voice
> is beautiful. Can anyone think of a duet these two
> can do? It can be from anywhere, except musical
> theatre repertoire. Art song-ish repertoire is
> recommended, but an opera duet would also be
> acceptable. Any suggestions will be immediately
> passed on and greatly appreciated.

Donizetti: Venti scudi (L'ELISIR D'AMORE)

Edward German: The Big Brass Band (MERRIE ENGLAND)

Sullivan: We're called gondolieri (THE GONDOLIERS)

Sullivan: The Flowers that bloom in the spring (THE MIKADO)

Offenbach: Les maris courbaient la tete (LA PERICHOLE)

Sullivan: You understand?/I Think I do (RUDDIGORE)

J. Strauss - Na, also schereib' und tu' nicht schmieren (WIENER BLUT)

Rossini: Duetto buffo di due gatti (Cat Duet)

Grainger: Foweles in the frith (2 part gymel)

Balfe: Trust her not!

Schubert: Glaube, Hoffnung und Liebe (D955)

Mozart: Welch angstliches Beben (K.384a[388])

Sullivan: The Dickie Bird and the Owl

Tippett: Masque from THE TEMPEST

Balfe: Excelsior

Sullivan: The Merry Maiden and the Tar (HMS PINAFORE)

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html