Vocalist.org archive

From:  RRicciardi@S...
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  4:47 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Pavarotti and hour-glass passaggio conce pt

Dr. Hanson's explanation made a great deal of sense to me. My voice teacher
is constantly trying to make me produce "pure" vowels up and down the
register - with particular enphasis on the passagio (with closed vowels and
modifications and stuff). I finally understand what Pavarotti was talking
about when squeezing. Its the vowel closing effect, right?

Sure isn't easy to accomplish though.

By Jove, I think I finally got it !

Rick