Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
"Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
Date:  Wed Mar 21, 2001  2:03 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: amplifying the classically-trained voice

Hi Everyone,

> have sung in a 20,000 seat Roman amphitheater. Boy that was strange. You
> finish a note and 1 1/2 seconds later you hear the tone!!! Because of
this
> you feel like you are singing into a feather pillow.

Graham, are you talking about Verona? I was there last summer doing some
lectures on the opera season, and of course going to all the operas - well,
it's a tough job but someone's got to do it. I am booked to go back again
this July.

I did wonder what it was like to sing there, and would like to have snuk on
to the stage to try out the odd note, but never got the opportunity.

Sheila Graham
Mezzo-Soprano, Edinburgh, Scotland

www.sheilagraham.demon.co.uk

'She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything' (Bellini)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10465 Re: amplifying the classically-trained voice gsanders@b...   Wed  3/21/2001   3 KB

emusic.com