Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Mon Mar 19, 2001  8:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] miking/enhancing in opera?

Barry writes: <<We have a fine graduate program and we use them for major
singing
whenever possible, but I have been in programs where undergraduates were
completely left out of significant experiences and training. This is a
way to give them the most complete training possible while not
over-driving their vocal development. We want life-time singers - not
singer's whose voices are trashed before they are 35.>>

I think that your solution is an admirable one...seems to be the best possible
answer for young singers...experience, but not "wasting vocal gold", as the
late Robert Shaw used to say.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy
LYNDA313@a...