Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Mon Mar 19, 2001  6:39 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors?

----Original Message-----
>From: Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
>To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] is there a market for
Mozart/Donizetti tenors?
>Date: Monday, March 19, 2001 12:29 PM
>
>On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Isabelle Bracamonte wrote:
>
>> In fact, if you have fair agility and can develop a
>> good ability to sing clear coloratura (try taking Il
>> mio tesoro at double-speed, for example, and keep the
>> coloratura clean), you will be that most rare and
>> prized thing, a Rossini tenor. Rossini is done a LOT
>> and very few men can move the voice in the requisite
>> way and sustain the high tessitura. You will be MUCH
>> in demand.

KM observed:
>The real test is Almaviva's second aria from
>LE NOZZE DI FIGARO. If you can do that really well, you're in clover!

KM, I'm slow on the uptake...for this - I apologize...
...but isn't Almaviva in "Le Nozze" a baritone?
Unless, you're referring to a "Le Nozze" other than WAM's?

EV

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10420 Re: is there a market for Mozart/Donizetti tenors Karen Mercedes   Mon  3/19/2001   2 KB

emusic.com