Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Sun Mar 18, 2001  6:29 am
Subject:  Re: For those who've not had enough countertenor blather WAS:silence of the list

Dear Mark,

A couple of weeks ago, I remarked that the recent "silence of the
list" might have something to do with the intolerant attitude some of
us have around any number of subjects. I offered my own experience of
being shut up privately and publicy on the topic of countertenors.
The idea was that I felt like a 2nd class citizen, and found more
open-minded communities elsewhere.

Soon after, a volley of countertenor threads began (as a result of,
but not begun by my post). I grant you a lot of old ground was
covered, such as the eternal 'head voice/falsetto' topic. Still, I
felt like your choice of subject line "For those who've not had
enough countertenor blather", was a pointed attempt to make clear
that *you* had had enough.

It was not very respectful. You may not agree with the things I have
to say...you may even think I don't know what I'm talking about, but
please refrain from making snide comments. CT talk may bore you, but
I know for a fact a number of other 'listers enjoy and learn from
these conversations.

You are a highly respected member of list, and sarcasm from you can
be devastating to the spirit of this community. On a more personal
level, my feelings were quite hurt by the dismissive tone of your
message. I prefer Axwell's direct confrontations any day. :-)

In Love,
Tako

PS: this started out as a private reply, but considering its
relevance to the recent "silence of the list" thread, I decided to
share these thoughts with the list.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10367 Re: For those who've not had enough countertenor Reg Boyle   Sun  3/18/2001   2 KB

emusic.com