Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sat Mar 17, 2001  4:43 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] alan titus? wotan???

----Original Message-----
>From: Greypins@a... <Greypins@a... < >Date: Saturday, March 17, 2001 12:48 AM
>
> a year or two ago, i could swear i saw that alan titus was singing
wotan
>in seattle. first, does anyone know if this is true and did anyone
happen
>to attend? and secondly, how did he go from being a great and ideal
dr.
>malatesta to wotan (i know why he did, i'm pretty sure- 'don pasquale'
>sucks!)?

Wotan. Well, I read somewhere he was singing
almost exclusively in Israel; a critique described his voice
with a considerable wobble (perhaps there's a prerequisite).

I suppose he had to counter his degradation of altus by
finding an alter-native.

EV
wondering:
was it Alan Titus that walked into an audition & walked out
with the baritone part in "Bernstein: MASS" many decades ago?

emusic.com