Vocalist.org archive

From:  dclark <DCLARK@r...>
dclark <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Fri Mar 16, 2001  1:15 am
Subject:  Put on your thinking caps!

Greetings, friends! It's that time again. Time, that is, for me to ask
your help in planning another senior recital. This time last year you
helped me gather repertoire for my baritone student's program on "Heroes
and Villains." That program takes place in April, and I will print the
final version closer to recital time. You have also assisted with other
interesting topics in the past 6 years, and now I have another one for
you to gnaw on.

I have a mezzo-soprano who is interested in presenting a program (and
writing the accompanying senior paper) on "The Power of Music." She has
been working on a group of lullabies this year, and she thought she
might like to do something on the theme of "Music's Power to Soothe."
However, we have decided to broaden the theme to include music's power
to do a lot of things. We have already come up with a beginning list of
songs, but I welcome any and all ideas that you may hit upon. We need
songs from a variety of style periods and languages, and we can consider
a music theatre group as well. Think about music's power to soothe, to
inspire, to comfort, to seduce, to praise, etc.

I await your wisdom.

--
|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair, Music Department
| Rhodes College, 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
| 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10298 Re: Put on your thinking caps! Karen Mercedes   Fri  3/16/2001   6 KB
10354 Re: Put on your thinking caps! Margaret Harrison   Sat  3/17/2001   3 KB
10364 Re: Put on your thinking caps! MFoxy9795@a...   Sun  3/18/2001   2 KB
10577 Re: Put on your thinking caps! kapaulson@a...   Sun  3/25/2001   2 KB

emusic.com