Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Thu Mar 15, 2001  7:21 pm
Subject:  Failed tenors, WAS: Changing mechanisms

Reg Boyle <bandb@n...> wrote:
> This suggests to me that CTs may be baritones or basses who
> tried to be tenors, but failed. : )

Here's a short sound clip of me. Basically a tenor technique, just
shifting gradually to another register as I approach the top of the
tenor range.

http://people.mills.edu/toda/music/arpeggio.wav

I can bawl my way up to a Db5 in a connected tenor voice. I just
don't think it's very tasteful :-) Besides, why would I settle for
Db5, when I can finesse things for another 1/2 octave more? Maybe if
my career doesn't take off as a countertenor, I'll settle for being a
tenor... just kidding ;-)

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10353 Tako's wav file John Link   Sat  3/17/2001   2 KB

emusic.com