Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Mar 15, 2001  5:29 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Changing mechanisms

At 11:03 PM 14-03-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Although maybe a good idea, I actually have no real use for my falsetto, and
>would like to increase the "compulsiveness" of my true tenor head voice.
>Maybe it's for reasons such as this that Jussi Bjoerling claimed that he
>could not sing in falsetto. Now there's a good model to aim for.
>
>Colin Reed, tenor
>Newark, UK

Colin, I am tenor also and long before I discovered that Bjorling said he
had no falsetto I was convinced that I also had none.
Only head voice and chest.
Try as I might especially in the presence of singers who could sing
falsetto, I could not reproduce it. It's for this reason that I've become
convinced that it is a product of a lower fach. It has always been my
experience that the baritones and basses could sing the soprano
line, but not me. I have felt left out . : )
This suggests to me that CTs may be baritones or basses who
tried to be tenors, but failed. : ) Reg.

"One must have loved a woman of genius
to comprehend the happiness of loving a fool."

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10278 Failed tenors, WAS: Changing mechanisms Tako Oda   Thu  3/15/2001   2 KB
10353 Tako's wav file John Link   Sat  3/17/2001   2 KB

emusic.com