Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  2:47 am
Subject:  affirmation experience

In a message dated 04/16/2000 12:06:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
DCLARK@r... writes:

<< was only trying to indicate that studies
have been done which prove the effectivenessof our "self-talk" -- both posi-
tive and negative. Perhaps we are not so far apart in our thinking, but are
now quibbling over words. That's probably a sign that it's time to move on
to another topic! >>

Well, before we move on I have to tell you that these things are working for
me already, and I've only been using them for a week! I had a lesson last
Saturday and my teacher (who is a firm believer in affirmations-she calls
them "self talk") said she heard sounds from me she had not heard before. I
went to the beach Sunday (just returned today) and I listened to my
affirmation tape a lot while I was there. I sang for the jury at my music
school tonight and could tell a big difference in my "nerves"-which I had
under control for the first time ever- and in the tension I deal with. I
have a long way to go, but affirmations are definitely going to help me get
there!

Leslie

emusic.com