Vocalist.org archive

From:  Teressa000@a...
Date:  Fri Apr 21, 2000  1:25 am
Subject:  The Demise of the CS Forum

Hi, all - this is actually in answer to Chris Thomas' query. The internet
"Forum" bulletin board at Classical Singer Magazine's website was permanently
shut down yesterday by David Wood, Editor; when you try to access that part of
the site, there is a lengthy explanation by him as to why - namely, trolls from
the outside and flame wars by some of the anonymous regular posters. (Would
never happen in THIS list, thank goodness - you are all entirely too civilized,
even when you disagree.) The Forum may be reborn in the future, without
anonymity for posters, but there is no date planned.

All of which means, those of us who were "regulars" have been frantically
e-mailing each other to get other regulars' E-addresses, and I am sure there
are many out there suffering from Internet withdrawal. Strange how instant
connection can also lead to instant disconnection.

I don't know what was the straw that broke the camel's back, since I'd been
offline for the better part of a week when it happened - if anyone has the
dirt, lemme know. Best regards to all!
T.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1040 Re: The Demise of the CS Forum sopran@a...   Fri  4/21/2000   2 KB