Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Tue Mar 13, 2001  2:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] David Daniels speaks on the CT voice/Was it falsetto?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
To: <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 13 March 2001 13:25
Subject: Re: [vocalist] David Daniels speaks on the CT voice/Was it
falsetto?

> Well, I must say, as a baritone, that sort of countertenor production hass
> never bothered me. I once did a St John Passion where I sang the bass
solos
> and the alto chorus parts. I found that my baritone voice stayed rather
> fresh throughout the performance.

Just to clarify, I had no problems when I was singing in two different
ranges. The difficulty would come if I had to sing the same range in the
different mechanism. ie if I sang a phrase from say middle C to the G above
in falsetto, I could then not do the same phrase in head voice. I could do
it easily an octave down in chest, however.

Still probably not entirely clear.

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10225 Re: Changing mechanisms John Link   Tue  3/13/2001   3 KB
10226 Re: David Daniels speaks on the CT voice/Was it f Tako Oda   Tue  3/13/2001   2 KB

emusic.com