Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
"David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Tue Mar 13, 2001  1:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] David Daniels speaks on the CT voice/Was it falsetto?

Well, I must say, as a baritone, that sort of countertenor production hass
never bothered me. I once did a St John Passion where I sang the bass solos
and the alto chorus parts. I found that my baritone voice stayed rather
fresh throughout the performance. I have often wanted to sing the "Thus
saith the Lord" as a baritone, and follow with the "But who may Abide" as an
alto, just to see the audience reaction...so far, no conductors have taken
me up on that one...

David Grogan
East Texas Baptist University
Marshall, Texas