Vocalist.org archive

From:  Oberon603@a...
Oberon603@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 13, 2001  3:40 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: What's a countertenor?

In a message dated 3/12/2001 2:03:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, toda@m...
writes:

> I wish falsetto had another name too, because a lot of critics of the
> CT voice use its very name as proof that it is a dastardly register,
> since they don't have a whole lot else upon which to base their
> prejudice.
>
> Tako

U hit the nose on the head. I have said the same thing in the past. The
false in falsetto implies something negative. Many critics use this to rip a
CT apart, even some of the best ones. Oh well, we can only wish that the
name was different.

Ken

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10204 Re: What's a countertenor? Reg Boyle   Tue  3/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com