Vocalist.org archive

From:  Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Nancy Fontana <cantabella_nf@y...>
Date:  Mon Mar 12, 2001  10:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] would roger wagner have cloned a human?

--- thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
wrote:

Yes Mark - I suspected my experience of 13
yrs. ago was just the beginning of the Techno -
age musical artist world. And here we are.
Well... I had fun in the studio sound sampling
and then hearing the finished chorus of self.
It WAS kinda wierd. Goetz Friedrich who was
then in the "Guiding light" of L.A. Opera said
"this is a really an excellent singer" :-)
Maybe
I could get into the guiness book for the most
chordal sounds produced by one voice at a
time! HA HA.
Nancy Fontana

> Without giving too much away (its a rather
> guarded secret), in a current
> Broadway show where two characters have
> regularly recurring high Cs and
> Ds, the high notes have been sampled and what
> you are hearing is never
> live. And on a similar subject, the Alagnas
> were involved recently in a
> contract cancellation dispute, allegedly
> because the opera house refused
> to use some sort of voice enhancing equipment
> that the Alagnas use
> regularly all over the world.
>
> Mark Montgomery
>
> > Opera where they sound sampled every note
> > and vowel in my voice and then the Synth
> player
> > (wizard) who did this played a chorus of
> > mini me mE ME's singing a chorus in (gosh
> > I can't remember the Opera; it was an
> effort to

=====
Nancy Fontana