Vocalist.org archive

From:  Barry Bounous <bounousb@i...>
Barry Bounous <bounousb@i...>
Date:  Mon Mar 12, 2001  6:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] miking/enhancing in opera?

We have been enhancing our student singers in opera for quite a few
years. It has been very helpful to the singers (we boost the 2-3 khz
range and the 7-8 khz range) as well as to the orchestra which can now
play more freely. In using undergraduate singers in a 2000 seat hall
with orchestra, we find it more vocally prudent to enhance, as well as
giving a better experience to the audience. When you carefully boost
those limited frequency ranges (using ambient mikes not body mikes) the
result doesn't sound amplified - only clearer and more intelligible.

--
Dr. Barry Bounous
Brigham Young University

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10190 Re: miking/enhancing in opera? Isabelle Bracamonte   Mon  3/12/2001   2 KB
10205 Re: miking/enhancing in opera? gsanders@b...   Tue  3/13/2001   2 KB

emusic.com