Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Mar 10, 2001  11:31 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] MED: ulcerative colitis and singing

In a message dated 3/10/2001 5:47:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cantabella_nf@y... writes:

<< Singers have a greater
propensity to this problem due to the unusual
uses of our body so we actually can create the
problem. >>

nothing in the rest of your post baffles me. i have a friend with
crohn's disease who found all the medical treatment to be a dead end and only
some green junk helped him. it also seems sensible to me that 'bad eating'
has to be, at least, part of these types of problems. however, the above
statement makes little sense to me as i can't imagine any situation that
would make that likely. if you were talking about taking the idea of
appogio to 'being like defecating', too far, i should think that would lead
to hemorrhoids before it would lead to anything else. there is a small
number of singers who think that clenching one's cheeks (not the ones on your
face) together aids in support. are these the things you're talking about?

i'm not challenging your ideas on this. i'm just astonished at the
possibility and, given my finite knowledge, can't begin to imagine how this
could be possible.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10118 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Nancy Fontana   Sun  3/11/2001   4 KB

emusic.com