Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Who Knows" <who_knows3_1@h...>
"Who Knows" <who_knows3_1@h...>
Date:  Sat Mar 10, 2001  7:22 pm
Subject:  MED: ulcerative colitis and singing

I have recently been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and I am struggling
with how it will affect my life as a singer. Right now I am taking a break
from my singing career until I can get my symptoms under control but I
wonder if there are other members of the list who have dealt with this or
any other chronic disease. The uncertainty from day to day seems to be a
big issue for me; I am afraid to book any concerts unless and until I know
that I can fulfill musical obligations. Right now, the symptoms are flaring
up, so I can never tell if any given day is going to be one where I need to
be near the bathroom.

Also, the doctor has me on Asacol. Is there a doctor on the list who can
tell me if this drug has any voice-related effects that I need to know
about? There used to be a web site where singers could look up various
prescription drugs to see about their impact on the voice, but I can't find
that web site anymore. Anyone know where it is?

Pat

10108 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Patricia M Smith   Sat  3/10/2001   4 KB
10109 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Connie1195@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10111 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing John Messmer, M.D.   Sat  3/10/2001   3 KB
10113 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing John Link   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10115 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Nancy Fontana   Sat  3/10/2001   4 KB
10116 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Greypins@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   3 KB
10118 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Nancy Fontana   Sun  3/11/2001   4 KB
10120 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Greypins@a...   Sun  3/11/2001   3 KB
10389 Re: MED: ulcerative colitis and singing Dale Gillespie   Mon  3/19/2001   4 KB

emusic.com