Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  11:28 pm
Subject:  Re: Che faro senza Euridice--for tenor?

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., > Euridice. I know that there is a French version for tenor, 'tho I'd
> really like to sing this in Italian. Classical vocal reprints has
> this
> aria in Italian in three different keys (B flat, C, and D). Which
one
> would be the most appropriate? Are there other possibilities that I
> haven't thought about? Maybe the one for mezzo-soprano?

Dear Howard,

The one for mezzo is in C, which peaks at mezzo high F... a little low
for a tenor taken down the octave. If you want to buy the tenor
version in French, I can email you the Italian lyrics from my mezzo
copy privately. I assume the key of D would suit you best, with a
range of C#3 to G4. HTH.

Tako Oda,
Countertenor

emusic.com