Vocalist.org archive

From:  pacross@i...
pacross@i...
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  6:40 pm
Subject:  Okay, what's this pitch thing about ?

Why is it so necessary to learn a song by matching the pitch on the
piano as opposed to listening to someone else sing the song ?
I've never learned a song that way yet I'm able to follow along with
backing tracks and accompaniment. I'm in the middle of learning the
Speech level singing technique at the moment yet,
I remember one of you guys stating that learning technique was
pointless without first being able to match pitch. Could you
elabourate a bit more on this point i.e. try and back up your point.
Can someone explain why it is necessary to learn a song by matching
the pitch on the piano?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10071 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Fri  3/9/2001   2 KB
10072 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? Shannon   Fri  3/9/2001   2 KB
10087 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? Greypins@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10088 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? Shannon   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10091 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? Greypins@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10093 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? Reg Boyle   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10095 Re: Okay, what's this pitch thing about ? Greypins@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB

emusic.com