Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  6:11 pm
Subject:  Countertenor Taboo (was: silence of the lambs (errr... list))

Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...> wrote:

> In God's name, why not? Aren't countertenors vocalists too? Perhaps it's
> because we no longer have our resident countertenor, Jay Wilcox, to wave
> the flag for his fach.

Thank you, Karen! I've read through the archives, and learned a great deal
from Jay's posts. As a matter of fact, he was one of the reasons I joined!
As the closest thing we had to an actively posting "working countertenor"
I also tried to wave the flag on several fronts, and I think it started
some pretty interesting threads.

Most of the feedback from other active posters was positive. The OFF-TOPIC
police are often lurkers who's only contributions to the list are rants
that they plan to filter any number of irrelevant words. Sadly, they
usually include the word "countertenor" as one, implying that countertenors
were not singers. Or maybe they just wanted to filter me? :-O

Tako Oda

emusic.com