Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
"Molly McLinden" <verdirules@h...>
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  5:25 pm
Subject:  ack! a crack!

Hey list,

I just did my junior recital on Wednesday night. Perfectionism is not
allowing me to be happy with my overall performance.
You see, something happened to me that never happened to me in public
performance before: I made a HUGE crack in my "Sure on this Shining Night"
by Barber. I don't know how it came about. Actually, I do.
regardless of the water I was drinking, my dry throat gave up for a moment
and panicked.

What can I say but "oy!" A few friends told me they noticed it..only when I
confessed my humiliation, of course....and I can't help but hope that crack
didn't destroy their opinion of my singing...especially since I believed I
nailed "donde lieta".
Anyway. This is why I am venting this out to you all: please humor me and
tell me you saw some fabulous divas and divos perform live, crack, and yet
they didn't destroy the evening for you. I can't believe how I am letting
this get to me...lol
Any "crack" anecdotes will make me feel much better.....

Molly

the soprano who saw Bo Skovhus crack during Mahler's "Wunderhorn" songs..yet
still thinks he is gorgeous and a damned good baritone! ;-)

10069 Re: ack! a crack! gwyee@r...   Fri  3/9/2001   4 KB
10074 Re: ack! a crack! John Link   Fri  3/9/2001   3 KB
10070 Re: ack! a crack! DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Fri  3/9/2001   2 KB
10076 Re: ack! a crack! taylor23f@h...   Fri  3/9/2001   3 KB
10078 Re: ack! a crack! Molly McLinden   Fri  3/9/2001   2 KB
10082 Re: ack! a crack! Gina   Fri  3/9/2001   4 KB
10089 Re: ack! a crack! Greypins@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10090 Re: ack! a crack! Greypins@a...   Sat  3/10/2001   2 KB
10104 Re: ack! a crack! Margaret Harrison   Sat  3/10/2001   4 KB

emusic.com