Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Mar 9, 2001  3:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] students with pitch problems

Dear Vocalists,
I have a different view of this problem. It's my
experience that pitch problems are invariably tied in with
technique. There is a greater number of defective ways of
making a tone than there are healthy ones. It stands to
reason that beginners and choristers will often be habitually
involved in using one of the defective ones.
This physical stress tends to create conflicts
with the feed-around loop that will only be resolved when
the method of production is fixed.

Well that's my limited experience anyway.

Regards Reg.

"One must have loved a woman of genius
to comprehend the happiness of loving a fool."

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10045 Re: students with pitch problems John Link   Fri  3/9/2001   3 KB
10047 Re: students with pitch problems Reg Boyle   Fri  3/9/2001   2 KB

emusic.com