Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 11, 2002  7:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: Breathing

In a message dated 02/11/2002 10:23:41 AM Central Standard Time,
LeaAnn@k... writes:

<< Well I imagine sucking in as much air as you can would do that....my voice
teacher tells me that getting as much air in as possible is not the
goal...the goal is to take a full low breath..and exhale that breath evenly.
The evenness of exhalation will allow one to carry a long phrase or note. >>

As long you're not taking a high clavicular breath, I'm of the belief that
the focus should be on the control of the exhalation rather than the amount
of the inhalation.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com